The 2010 USTA Eastern Camp Scholarship program is made possible by the USTA Eastern Section and area tennis camps that are able to donate camp sessions. Young tennis players have the opportunity to receive tennis camp scholarships for the summer of 2010.
Last year, 15 camps and organizations donated scholarships that benefited 30 different juniors. The organizations included: Adidas Tennis Camp, USTA Eastern Camp A.C.E. (Achieving through Coaching and Education), East Brunswick Racquet Club, Hardscrabble, Joel Ross Tennis & Sports Camp, New England Tennis Camp, Nike (San Rafael, CA), North Jersey Community Tennis Association, Robbie Wagner, Sedgwick Farm Tennis Club, Sportime at Kings Park (Long Island), Sportime at Randall’s Island (Manhattan), Sportsplex, Weil Tennis Academy (Ojai, CA) and Yonkers Tennis Center.
The criteria for the applicant are as follows:
- *All applications must be received by May 3, 2010.
- *Eligibility based on financial need. (Please submit copy of 2009 current tax return -1st page of 1040).
- *Be responsible to provide own transportation to and from the camp.
- *Should be sufficiently interested in tennis so that one week of camp and possibly being away from home will not be an obstacle.
- *Should be between the ages of 10-17.
- *Must attach one letter of recommendation from an individual who is familiar with the applicant’s character and tennis interest.
- *Must not have received a USTA Eastern Camp Scholarship in the past two years.
- *USTA membership is required for the junior attending camp. All applicants must be a USTA Eastern member through Jan. 31, 2011.
The scholarships will be given to those who fit the criteria on a first-come, first-served basis. As camp directors donate, the site with a list of potential camps will be updated (www.eastern.usta.com). If you have any questions, call (914) 697-2386.
Click here to download a Camp Scholarship Donation Form!
Please return this form by May 3, 2010 to:
USTA Eastern Camp Scholarship Program
Attn: Stefanie Iennaco
4 West Red Oak Lane, Suite 300
White Plains, NY 10604
Fax: (914) 694-2402