Cold Spring Harbor defeated Hewlett High School 5-2 to win the Nassau County Boys Tennis Conference I Championship on Friday. All three singles matches were swept by Cold Spring Harbor.
“I knew it would be a tough match going into it, but I prepared for it mentally,” said Jonathan Paris of the Cold Spring Harbor Seahawks, who won his match against Brandon Remer of Hewlett 6-0 6-1. Josh Levine of Cold Spring Harbor said, “I didn’t play my best, but came out with the victory. I’m excited to have won our fifth straight championship.”
Josh won his match 6-1, 6-4 against Dan Grinshteyn.
“We knew they would be a tough team from past experience. I think we will be okay for the Long Island Championships,” said Coach Paul Poschmann.
This is the fifth consecutive Nassau County boys tennis championship win for Cold Spring Harbor as the Seahawks look forward to competing next in the Long Island Championships, set for Wednesday, May 30 at a Suffolk location to be determined. In the Conference II championship match, Wheatley defeated Oceanside, 6-1.
1. Josh Levine (CSH) vs. Dan Grinshteyn (H) 6-1, 6-4
2. Connor Daucer (CSH) vs. Harrison Brenner (H) 6-1, 6-0
3. Jonathan Paris (CSH) vs. Brandon Remer (H) 6-0, 6-1
1. Brett Titcomb & Connor Mullins (CSH) defeated Soahil Brahmbatt & Stone Mitchell (H) 6-1, 6-4
2. Andrew Bienstock & Daniel Khryzopolsty (H) defeated Alex Fontini & Eli Rieders (CSH) 6-3, 6-1
3. Nick Stammatos & Tim Schneir (CSH) defeated Adam Voyetsly & Josh Stein (H) 6-3, 6-4
4. Perry Goffner & Mitch Portman (H) defeated Gary Carmi & AJ Arena (CSH) 6-2, 7-5
<p>Kristen Kelleher is an intern with Long Island Tennis Magazine. She is currently attending Loyola University Maryland and may be reached by e-mail at <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>.</p>