Memorial Day Weekend saw beautiful weather across Long Island and also marked the start of summer. With that, the kick-off of the Beach Tennis season in New York as well. This summer in Long Beach, N.Y. at the National Boulevard beachfront of the Allegria Hotel (the host site for five Beach Tennis tournaments) the Long Island Tennis Magazine Challenge will take place. The tournaments have two levels, Amateur and Pro, and are comprised of three categories: Mens, Womens and Juniors.
This year, a new feature is both Singles and Doubles tournaments will be held. There will be music and drinks, along with free beach passes for players, and what better way to spend the day than at the beach with great people and competition. It doesn't matter if you are a Pro or you just want to try the sport out as a first-time player, come join us this weekend for some fun in the sun!
The Pro draw will be playing for BTUSA American Ranking Points as well as ITF World Ranking Points. There will be $1,500 total in prize money on the line for the Pros as well. The Amateur Division will be playing for great prizes and trophies.
Schedule of Play for LI Tennis Magazine Challenge Tournament
►Saturday June 4
• Men’s Pro: Check-in at 9:00 a.m. and play starts at 10:00 a.m.
• Women’s Pro: Check-in at 11:00 a.m. and play starts at noon
• Men's and Women's Amateur Singles: Check in at 2:00 p.m. play starts at 3:00 p.m.
►Sunday June 5
• Men’s and Women’s Amateurs: Check-in at 10:00 a.m. and play starts at 11:00 a.m.
• Pro Singles: Check in at 11:00 a.m. play starts at noon
• Open Mixed Doubles: Check in 3:00 p.m. play starts at 4:00 p.m.
• Juniors (14 and under): Check-in at 11:00 a.m. with play beginning at noon
To pre-register for the event call Beach Tennis USA at (516) 328-0000 or visit www.beachtennisusa.net.